Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Scammers Use Microsoft Name To Gain Access Into Computers


Norma Charles recently got an alarming phone call from a man she said had a heavy accent.
"I'm always a little bit weary. You hear about this all the time and I said I’m not sure I trust you or not," Charles said.
From the start she said she knew something was wrong. The man on the other side told her he was from Microsoft and said that her computer might crash any minute.
"He said ‘oh I’ll show you how bad it is,’" Charles said.
The scammer directed her to a website (teamviewer.com) and from there, Charles said he just took over.
"Do you see the arrow and I said sure, he was in my computer," Charles said.
He told her he could fix the problem, but it would cost her more than $300. It was at that point, Charles had enough and hung up.  Reporter: Alyssa Chin


Scammers Use Microsoft Name To Gain Access Into Computers

0 comments:

Post a Comment